Lichfield short breaks: Family fun time
Published on: Thu, 03/06/2021 - 13:18
There is never a dull moment in Lichfield District, everyone will love a family getaway full of adrenaline and adventure. So why not plan a short break in the district for this summer?
Kick off your break by getting the blood pumping by spending a day at Drayton Manor Theme Park. Your little ones will love Thomas LandTM and your bigger little one can get their thrills on the rollercoasters in the main theme park. For animal lovers there’s a zoo with big cats, monkeys, reptiles and more.
Still got energy to burn? Book a few laps of the track at Midland Karting. A morning whizzing around in a go kart will definitely wake everyone up!
After a spot of lunch, explore the parks and playgrounds in Lichfield city centre, including Beacon Park and Stowe Pool, and enjoy our family friendly attractions.
Many local attractions have tailored activities for children, including:
- Play in a tank and the trenches at the Staffordshire Regiment Museum
- Pretend to be a Roman at the Letocetum Roman Site at Wall
- Follow the Stickman Trail at the National Memorial Arboretum
- Dress up as a Georgian at Erasmus Darwin House
- Discover the Green Forest Trail at Heart of the Country Shopping Village, which is full of fairies and pigs
See our full list of attractions kids love online: visitlichfield.co.uk/greatforkids
Get more short break inspiration
Order our short breaks brochure, which is full of great weekend getaway ideas, here.