Lichfield Festival Tiny Stories writing competition
Published on: Mon, 22/06/2020 - 12:08
Lichfield Festival is going virtual this year, refusing to let COVID-19 spoil all the fun!
As part of their virtual festival - full details coming soon - they have launched a writing competition for 8-16 year-olds. Find out all about it in the update from Lichfield Festival below!
Have you heard the GHOST TRAINS Tiny Story, created by two of our festival artists Kate Romano and Rob Godman? Do you fancy creating your own ‘Tiny Story’ – and would you like to have it professionally recorded and set to its own sensational soundscape?
Well now’s your chance! We’re offering one lucky writer the opportunity to have their own original story brought to life and broadcast as part of our virtual festival. All you have to do is write your own miniature story – on a topic of your choice – and send to us before 8pm on Wednesday 8th July.
- The winning story will be recorded and set to a soundscape by our professional artists (writer and broadcaster Kate Romano and composer Rob Godman) and released on social media on Sunday 19th July, the final day of our virtual Festival.
- The winner will also receive a £50 book voucher.
- Write your own story (300 words maximum) on any topic and ask a parent/guardian to send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email header ‘Competition Entry’
- Please include the writer’s name, age, a short 30 word biography and the title of the story
- The deadline is 8pm on Wednesday 8th July
- Writers must be aged 8-16 and we will only accept entries emailed from parents/guardians
- Only one entry per writer
The competition will be judged by the professional Tiny Story artists and Lichfield Festival Director, Damian Thantrey, and Lichfield Festival will be in touch with the winner by Wednesday 15th July.
If you’re struggling for ideas, Lichfield Festival be posting some top writing tips over the next couple of weeks, and will be releasing six more Tiny Stories as part of the online Lichfield Festival to inspire you! Look out for them on their social media channels soon.
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com