Lichfield Cathedral Library Tours
The Library, situated on the upper floor of our unique two-storey Chapter House, is one of the Cathedral’s best-loved treasures. It houses a magnificent collection of early printed books and hand-copied manuscripts. Highlights include a 15th century copy of Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales, one of only three surviving hand-coloured 16th century printed copies of Christopher Saxton’s map book of Tudor England and Wales, and a manuscript set of orders signed by Charles I.
Following completion of restoration and repairs to the Chapter House roof, the Library is offering a limited number of public tours. Climb 35 spiral steps to the historic library and view some of our best books and manuscripts.
Tickets are available to purchase in advance at the Cathedral Shop, Gift Area in the Cathedral or from www.lichfield-cathedral.org
- £18 per person
- Sat 10th Aug 2019 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Wed 4th Sep 2019 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Sat 7th Sep 2019 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Wed 2nd Oct 2019 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Sat 5th Oct 2019 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Wed 6th Nov 2019 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Sat 9th Nov 2019 10:30am - 12:00pm
Dates / Times
Wed 7th Aug 2019 10:30am - 12:00pm