Elford Scarecrow Festival
The beautiful Staffordshire village of Elford has something to ‘crow’ about- the scarecrows are back!
The Elford Scarecrow Festival promises to be a huge crowd pleaser, with attractions for all the family. A record breaking £20,000 was raised at the last festival with beneficiaries including The Snowdrop Suite at Burton Hospital, and the Pathway Project supporting victims of domestic abuse.
The beautiful village will be filled with scarecrows- visitors are promised around 100 adorning the route with previous creations from Boris Johnson to the Wizard of Oz ... and everything in between! Thousands of visitors cast their vote to crown last year’s champion ‘The Gruffalo’- but which scarecrow will be crowned the people’s favourite this year?
• Vote for your favourite scarecrow from 100s on show made by the crafty folk of Elford
• Children’s area including real life fire engine, bouncy castle and play area
• Wildlife area including birds of prey
• Pimms & beer tent
• Cream teas and light refreshments served in the village hall
• Hedgehog trail for the children
• Have fun on the stalls- family favourites like hook a duck, splat the rat, guess the weight of the sheep and the teddy tombola amongst many others
Everyone is welcome for one the best value family days out in the Midlands, taking place on Saturday and Sunday 24th and 25th August from 11am- 4pm. The route is buggy and wheelchair friendly. All proceeds will be shared between local beneficiaries.