A charming 18th century coaching inn set in the heart of Lichfield, just a short walk from the Cathedral. At The George you will find everything you need for a relaxing stay, including comfortable air conditioned bedrooms, free WiFi, free parking, a mini gym, full English breakfasts, a lunchtime carvery and Darwin’s restaurant which is open each evening from 6pm.
The stylish lounge bar is open all day for morning coffee, bar snacks and afternoon teas and you’ll find that it’s always “Gin o’clock” as there are over 30 speciality gins on the menu!
The hotel is family owned and run, so coupled with these great facilities you will receive the very best service from our friendly team. Open at Christmas, staff with Welcome Host (customer service) & Welcome All (disability awareness) training, toilets & rooms adapted for the disabled. LDTA Member. Children welcome from any age.
Getting here and parking
On Main Roadway
From A38 take the A5206 from the Island. Go over 2 sets of traffic lights. At small roundabout turn right. Where the road bends left into beacon Street turn right, signposted public car park. As you enter the car park turn right and the hotel car park is on the right..
Booking Telephone Number 01543 414822
- American Express accepted
- Vegetarian options are available
- Vegan options are available
- Sugar free (diabetic) options are available
- Gluten free (coeliacs) options are available
- Lactose free (dairy free) options are available
- Low potassium options available
- Low sodium options available
- Nut free options available
Entering the Building / Attraction
- The entrance has a handrail
- The entrance way is well-lit in twilight and night-time hours
How many steps (if any) does the entrance have