District Doodles art competition
Do you miss visiting the tourism attractions of Lichfield District as much as we do?
Are you looking for something fun to do?
Want the chance to be in a real art exhibition?
Then you need to get stuck into our District Doodles art competition!
We’re calling on all the children in Lichfield District (and beyond) to create some fabulous artwork showing us their favourite place in the district.
Maybe you miss the trains at Chasewater Railway, or you can’t wait to visit the animals at Drayton Manor Zoo. Whether you love Lichfield Cathedral or a day out at the National Memorial Arboretum, we want to see your drawings, paintings and collages.
How to enter
To get your favourite spot in to the competition, you just need to follow these simple steps:
- Print the entry form at the bottom of the page.
- Get creative!
- Don’t forget to put your name and age on the form.
- Get a grown up to email a scan or photo of your art to email@example.com before bedtime on May 30, 2020. Make sure they give us this information too:
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Their name
- Their contact phone number and email address
What should you draw?
There are so many wonderful places across the district aren’t there? Maybe this list could help you decide:
- Lichfield Cathedral
- The Samuel Johnson Birthplace Museum
- Erasmus Darwin House
- Lichfield Garrick Theatre
- Beacon Park
- The Old Guildhall Prison Cells
- Drayton Manor Theme Park and Zoo
- National Memorial Arboretum
- Chasewater Railway
- Chasewater Country Park
- The Staffordshire Regiment Museum
- Heart of the Country Shopping Village
- Curborough Hall Farm and Countryside Centre
- Letocetum, Roman Site & Museum
- Elford Hall Garden
- Curborough Sprint Course
- Arthur Price Factory shop
- St John’s Chapel
- Buzzard Valley Vineyard and Fishery
- Fradley Junction
- Midland Karting
- The Hub at St Mary’s
- Visitor Information (St Mary’s)
We’ve got three judges ready and waiting to select a winner in each of the following age categories:
- 0 to 5 years
- 6 to 10 years
- 11 to 15 years
Our judges are:
- Councillor Iain Eadie, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Investment, Economic Growth & Tourism.
- Peter Walker, artist in residence at Lichfield Cathedral.
- Mandy Billington, local artist whose designs include the gorgeous mugs you can purchase from our Visitor Information Centre.
They’ll decide on a winner in each age category and will win a Lichfield family tour of their choice and get their artwork featured in the Letters from Lockdown art exhibition in The Hub at St Mary's when lockdown ends!
How awesome is that?
Terms and conditions
- Only one entry per child.
- All entries must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on 30 May 2020.
- Winners will be notified by email by 13 June, 2020.
- Visit Lichfield reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if circumstances outside its control make this necessary.
- Visit Lichfield may share submitted entries on its website and social media platforms.
- You agree that if you are a winner to take part in publicity and for the use of your name, artwork and photograph being published online and via social media, and for your winning entry to be displayed in any subsequent exhibition.
- Visit Lichfield reserves the right to cancel or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of an unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control.
- Entry into the competition implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.