- Top Sights
- Eating & drinking
- Groups, schools & trails
- Coach parking
- Group packages
- Guided tours
- School packages
- Lichfield Real Ale Trail
- City of Sculpture Trail
- The Darwin Walk
- Self guided city Heritage Trail
- The Year of Light Project
- Two Saints Way
- Minster Duck Children's Trail
- Heart of England Way
- Samuel Johnson Tea Trail - coming soon
- Madame Geneva Gin Trail - coming soon
- Weddings & conferences
- Special offers
How to get here
Lichfield District is in southern Staffordshire, convenient for Birmingham and the National Exhibition Centre. The M6 Toll also runs down the western side of the district and links the M6 with the M42. Visit www.m6toll.co.uk for charges.
The A38 and A5 meet in Lichfield and provide direct access to the Midlands motorway network: M42, M50, M40, M5/M6, and M1.
View a map of city centre car parks (external link)
There are two electric charging points in the Friary Outer car park - please view the car park map for the location. (external link)
Lichfield has two train stations. Lichfield City Station on Birmingham Road is just minutes from the city centre. Just opposite the bus station, it offers frequent direct services to Birmingham New Street Station.
Lichfield Trent Valley Station, is about a five minute drive or a 20 minute walk from the city centre. It offers direct services to London Euston and the north. The station can be easily reached by car, taxi, or train from Lichfield City Station and offers ample parking.
Train enquiries: 08457 484950 or visit www.rail.co.uk
Birmingham International Airport is only a 30 minute drive away. Enquiries: 0870 733 5511 www.birminghamairport.co.uk
East Midlands Airport at Castle Donington is a 45 minute drive. Enquiries: 01332 852852 www.eastmidlandsairport.com
National coaches serve London, the north and the south west from Lichfield. Our tourist information team offers a ticket agency service for National Express.
Local buses & trains
Lichfield, Burntwood and the district’s main villages are served by several bus companies who provide a range of services. We advise looking at route and timetable information before travelling. These are available from the Regional Travel Line on 0870 6082608. Call Centro 0121 200 2700 for local bus and trains information.
We have no dedicated facility for motorhomes. Those motorhomes that are based on ordinary vans and can fit into an standard car parking bay with usual height restrictions can park on our standard car parks at the specified daily rate. We don't offer hook up facilities in our car parks. We also have no facility for larger spec vehicles that exceed usual van size and we would recommend owners of these vehicles contact local caravan parks such as Cathedral Grange Caravan Park (1 mile/walking distance to Lichfield City).
Local taxi firms
- 3 Spires Cabs Tel: 01543 264499
- A1-Travel Tel: 0845 4590497
- Abacus Taxis Tel: 07532 314225
- Academy Cars Tel: 07952 061614
- Airport Connections Tel: 01543 432244
- Airport Cars Lichfield Tel: 01543 432604 / Mob: 07050 197845
- Cathedral Cars Tel: 01543 411111
- City Cars (Midlands) Ltd Tel: 01543 254999 or 01543 255440
- Executive Travel Tel: 01543 262012
- Hanson Airport Runs Tel: 01543 560506
- Lichfield Dial-a-Cab Tel: 01543 255155
- Lichfield V.I.P. Cars Tel: 01543 480231 / Mob: 07799 712640
- PG Taxis Tel: 07976 801188
- Terry's Taxi Tel: 01543 262626
- Two Five Five Taxis Tel: 01543 255255
Lichfield Tourist Information Centre have local travel information and timetables, click here to email them directly or call 01543 256611 for more information.