Our cosy and stylish Lounge Bar is a great place to relax and catch up with friends for a quick coffee, a drink or a bar meal during the day and evening, the dishes on our popular lunchtime carvery menu change every day but the menu always features the finest local produce from specially chosen suppliers.
Darwin’s restaurant at The George offers you a relaxed yet fun dining experience, each evening from 6pm. Our chefs use only the highest quality seasonal produce, locally sourced wherever possible, to create innovative and delicious modern British food. With dishes catering for a range of tastes and dietary requirements, and a wine list to suit all tastes and pockets, there really is something for everyone at Lichfield’s premier restaurant.
Lunchtime Carvery: Monday-Saturday: 12:00-2:00pm & Sunday: 12:00-4:30pm Darwin’s at The George: 6pm – 10pm
- Children’s menu is available
- Fixed price menu available in the evening
- Gluten free (coeliacs) options are available
- Lactose free (dairy free) options are available
- Low potassium options available
- Low sodium options available
- Nut free options available
- Organic options available
- Special meal deals available
- Sugar free (diabetic) options are available
- Vegetarian options are available
Getting here & Parking
Lichfield Bus Station is just a 5 minute walk away from The George.
Lichfield City Railway Station: On leaving the station immediately cross the road and turn left. At the traffic lights turn right. Where the road bends to the left, continue into the pedestrianised area. You will see The George hotel on your right.
The car park is tarmac
Entering the Building / Attraction
- The doors must be opened manually
How many steps (if any) does the entrance have
There is one step to the main entrance. Rear entrance is flat.
Services for wheelchair users and those with mobility issues
- Displays are at suitable heights for children / wheelchair users
Children and Babies
- Children and babies welcome
- Baby changing facilities available
Services for the visually impaired
- Guide dogs allowed
- The lighting is effective throughout the attraction for visually impaired visitors
- Clear surfaces, such as glass doors, have contrast markings on them