< Return to list

Lichfield Clock Tower

Lichfield Clock Tower, also known as Friary Clock Tower, is a 19th century Grade II listed clock tower located on The Friary, just opposite Festival Gardens, surrounded by a small herbaceous garden.

The tower dates from 1863, when it first stood on the junction of Bird Street and Bore Street over the site of the ancient Crucifix Conduit, which supplied water to the Friary since 1301.

In the early 20th century, Bird Street and Bore Street were becoming congested with traffic due to their narrow layout and the position of the clock tower.

In 1928 the road named The Friary was built across the former Friary site. As a result, the clock tower was relocated to its current position.

Contact Details and Map

The Friary
Lichfield

Javascript is required to view this map.

Getting here and parking

Parking Facilities

No dedicated parking

Times

Opening Hours

Open all year round (except )

Prices

Free Entry

Accessibility

Entering the building/attraction

  • The entrance is flat