Lichfield Clock Tower, also known as Friary Clock Tower, is a 19th century Grade II listed clock tower located on The Friary, just opposite Festival Gardens, surrounded by a small herbaceous garden.
The tower dates from 1863, when it first stood on the junction of Bird Street and Bore Street over the site of the ancient Crucifix Conduit, which supplied water to the Friary since 1301.
In the early 20th century, Bird Street and Bore Street were becoming congested with traffic due to their narrow layout and the position of the clock tower.
In 1928 the road named The Friary was built across the former Friary site. As a result, the clock tower was relocated to its current position.
Getting here and parking
- No dedicated parking
Entering the Building / Attraction
- The entrance is flat