The volunteer-run Chasewater Railway operates vintage steam and diesel trains in Chasewater Country Park, just off the A5. Trains run between Brownhills West and Chasetown (Church St.) with stations at Norton Lakeside and Chasewater Heaths (adjacent to the Burntwood Bypass).
Chasewater Railway also boasts the following facilities:
- The Sidings Tea Room at Brownhills West
- Driver Experience courses
- Parties & Special Event hosting
- Accredited Museum
- Heritage Centre
- Standard & Narrow Gauge Lines
- Model Railway
- Located in Chasewater Country Park and an SSSI area, great for a day out.
- Special Events throughout the year including Santa Specials.
Getting here and parking
On Main Roadway
Follow the brown tourism signs on the A5 just south of its junction with the A452, Chester Road.
8 miles from Walsall station.
- Free customer parking
Trains on public operating days run from 11.00 am until 4.00 pm (2.45 pm on off-peak/mid week days), March - November. School Holiday service, Santa Specials throughout December. Go to www.chasewaterrailway.org for details.
- Baby changing facilities available
- Fully accessible disabled toilet available
- Gift shop(s) on site
- Public toilets available
Entering the Building / Attraction
- The entrance is flat
Access, lifts and ramps
- There is level access to the main public areas
Services for the visually impaired
- Guide dogs allowed
- There is good contrast between the floor and walls